The use of carbon dioxide sensor is increasing in our daily life. Its function is to detect the concentration of carbon dioxide in the air and guarantee people's life and health. The installation of carbon dioxide sensor is directly related to the accuracy of measurement, so to install it well, what is the correct installation method of carbon dioxide sensor?
Back to list
I. selection of installation location:
The installation of carbon dioxide sensor can not be directly in the place where people exhale to the carbon dioxide sensor. It needs to be installed near the air intake or exhaust pipe, or near the window or door.
II. Installation precautions:
1. When installing the carbon dioxide sensor, the wall mounted sensor can be preferred to avoid the use of the tube mounted sensor as far as possible, because the wall mounted carbon dioxide sensor provides more accurate CO2 information for the effectiveness of the ventilation system.
2. The wall mounted carbon dioxide sensor should be installed 1 – 6 feet (0.3 – 1.8 meters) away from the floor.
3. The tube mounted CO2 sensor is suitable for single area system, but it can be installed close to the occupied space, so the maintenance will be more convenient.
4. For multiple roof installations, it is better to set one CO2 sensor in each area; for the system with variable ventilation rate, one CO2 sensor should be set in each main area.
5. For the common area with multiple VAV boxes, if the occupied space is evenly distributed in the whole common area, a single CO2 sensor can also be used.
6. For the fixed volume single roof installation used in multiple areas, it is recommended to set up a sensor in each area or space, and control the ventilation according to the maximum reading of carbon dioxide content.